To contact Ben regarding a conference or interview, please email him at email@example.com.
Ben Huh is an Explorer at Y Combinator Research, looking for ways to bring affordable housing to everyone and build our future cities.
Ben has always been a start up guy. Ben founded the Cheezburger Network after acquiring I Can Has Cheezburger? in 2007 and grew it into one of the largest media networks in the world — while making a profit during one of the deepest recessions— by pioneering memes and viral content for the mainstream. Ben credits the success of his company to the users and fans who create the content. His goal and Cheezburger’s mission is to make the world happy for 5-minutes a day. (Cheezburger was acquired by Literally Media in 2016.)
Ben was also a co-founder of Circa, a startup that helped redefine how we consume news on mobile. (Circa was acquired by Sinclair Broadcast Group in 2015.)
Ben is an outspoken voice on entrepreneurial depression, decision-making, media, and crowdsourcing.
Ben graduated with a BSJ from Northwestern University’s Medill School of Journalism.
Sampling of Past Press
- Time Magazine feature + video
- Nightline interview regarding LovelyListing.com
- Entrepreneur Magazine feature
- NY Times on Blogs to Books
- LA Times on the success of I Can Has Cheezburger?
- Slate feature on Pet Holdings, Inc.
- Tech Crunch: EngrishFunny.com Launch (with video)
- C|Net on blogging as a successful business
- Wired Magazine at ROFLcon
- Sydney Morning Herald on the business of memes
- Sound Magazine cover: Seattle’s Internet King and the cats that made him